Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Random Ramblings, Part II

{1}
Since moving to the Northeast, it never fails: every single time someone asks me where I'm from and I respond, "Kentucky," the first thing out of his/her mouth is, "But you don't have an accent."  Nope, I don't -- and I know a lot of people from Kentucky who don't.  Okay, some people have told me they can hear a small accent in certain words of mine.  

What's worse, though, is when that same person tells me they can't locate Kentucky on a map.  Really?!?  Why would you even admit that? 

Yes, we wear shoes.  Yes, we know how to speak.  Yes, we are civilized.  Thankyouverymuch. 

{2}
Have any of you ever heard of Straight No Chaser?  They're an acapella group that originated from Indiana University and they're fabulous!  YouTube 'em!

{3}
How fun would it be to perform in a Broadway show?!  If you've read my blog, you know how much I LOVE Broadway shows.  Every time we see one, those little performers look like they're having a blast!  Yes, I know I'm failing to realize all the hard work that goes into it ...

{4}
Anywho, I've told hubs multiple times he should audition.  Okay, like not really, but he does have an amazing voice and he can act!  He's just lacking the dance skills.  Hehe ... he's a 6'4" white boy ... what can I say?!  He'll tell ya.  ;-)

{5}
While we're on the subject of music, Rhapsody may have been one of the best gifts I've ever received from my hubs! I'm a music lover, and if I could, I would have tunes playing all day long.  Have you heard of Rhapsody?


{6}
10 DAYS til the hubs' bar exams are over!  Need I say more?!


{7}
We bought a Groupon to the FAO Schwarz Cafe!  Excited?!  Why, yes I am!  Mostly because it's a good excuse to act like a kid again.  :-)


{8}
Have you ever caught a glimpse of a dog during its REM sleep?  It's freaky.  When they dream, however, well, that's just plain cute.


{9}
Because it promotes health and well-being, I'm loving this ...

Source
Strong, toned and lean ... is the way to go {atleast in my opinion}. :-)


{10}
At the gym yesterday, a 35 lb. weight rolled off the bench and fell right on my foot.  OUUUCCCHHH.  It was painful. :-(  I don't recommend trying it.  It took all I had to not let the waterworks go.  I did well for a while, but as soon as I saw hubs, I broke down.  Thankfully, I just have some swelling; it could have been a lot worse.


That's all I have for now, my friends.  Hope you have a terrific Tuesday!!

1 comment: