Saturday, January 15, 2011

Faux Fire

It's safe to say that high-rise livin' isn't exactly the way to go if you're looking for that warm and cozy fireplace to comfort you on chilly winter nights.  Like, you know, those nights when you peer out your gigantic windows and it looks like this ...




 Yep.  A few days ago, Mother Nature decided to hit us again here up North.  And oh how a lovely wood-burning fire would have added the perfect touch ...

But, wait, my friends -- we found the cutest little device that satisfies my heart's desire for contained flames.

I present to you ... our faux fire. 



It's no where near real, but it does look pretty darn close.  And it's about the best we're gonna get around here.  I love it.  Really love it.  It puts out heat, too.  We can even turn off our heating units temporarily and use only this!

So, I've got my loving hubby and family, a view of the Manhattan skyline, my dream puppy and now my faux fire!  What more could a girl ask for??  :-)  I'm beyond blessed!

2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! I love me a good fire - in fact Stephen and I fell asleep to a movie playing, the tree twinkling (yes, it's still up) and a fire cracklin' - it was magical! Stephen's headed your way AGAIN on Tuesday...ugh! I hate it when he's gone! I'm praying that you guys don't get anymore snow so that he's able to enter and leave NYC without a hitch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds perfect! Hope y'all have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete