Monday, January 3, 2011

True Talent

Wowza!  Our travels plus all of the additional holiday hullabaloo made the 3-T world slightly crazy!  But now, with the start of 2011 and a new trimester/semester, we seem to be getting back to some normalcy around here -- I think.

That said, I do hope all your holidays were joyous -- and full of family and friends!

In other news (a.k.a. the point of this post) ... I'd like to highlight the lovely lady I call my mom.  To me, she's absolutely the "super-duper mom" type.  Really, she's both a domestic goddess and a tremendously hard worker.  Even through some of those dreadful teenage days when I seemed to take her (and the rest of the world) for granted, I've always had a deep admiration for her complete selflessness.

If you get my drift, more often than not, mom goes above and beyond the call of duty.  She's that awesome. :-)

For Christmas this year, she turned one of her hobbies into a fantastic gift for us -- er -- little Tootsie.



Mom took up quilting several years ago, and though she would deny it, I like to call her a master quilter!  Seriously, she produces some beautiful work!  If only I had some more pictures, I would certainly display them.

As I said before, the quilt above is obviously for Tootsie.  Isn't it just darling?  I am a little hesitant to cover her with it yet though, since her little chompers just may rip it to pieces.  And by may I mean will.  Ugh.

Along with the mini quilt, mom made us some matching coasters and a pot holder!


And, to top it all off: some notecards and a little treat holder to take on walks.  How divine!


If you ask me, mom's definitely got some true talent!

Thanks to her (and little Tootsie, of course) I definitely got my dachshund fix this holiday season.

2 comments:

  1. Love the blanket! Your mom is very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have your mom profiled absolutely correctly. She is all you say and more. Your Dad

    ReplyDelete