Wednesday, March 16, 2011

What I'm Loving Wednesday!

Hey all! :-)

I'm gonna continue all my Spring Break gloriousness by linking up with sweet Jamie for another What I'm Loving Wednesday!


First and foremost, I'M LOVING that Derek and I are both on ...

SPRING BREAK!!!

I really don't want it to end, so I'm trying to soak up every minute of every day in this grand ole city!

 I'M LOVING this St. Patrick's Day card my in-laws sent us:


And don't you know how appropriate it is!  Little Tootsie is a St. Patty's Day baby, so she'll be celebrating the big ONE tomorrow!  She has blessed us with her cuteness for one whole year (although we didn't bring her home 'til May 15th -- another day we'll be celebrating)!  And yes -- we'll be treating her as if she's a dog-human (doggie birthday treat and all)!  Just another regular day at the 3-T household.  ;-)

I'M LOVING that we're going to see the new Broadway musical Sister Act the second week of April! 

Source

I can't wait to see what they have in store for this one!  Those lively little Broadway nuns are sure to sing like no other!

I'M LOVING that Derek and I finally indulged in some Trader Joe's amazing-ness!  Since we moved we had not driven to our nearest Trader Joe's -- a different location from where we went before.  It's about 20-25 minutes away, but well worth the trek.  Now that we know how to get there, I'm certain we'll be indulging more often!  Two buck Chuck, anyone??
*Picture via findingrest.blogspot.com




I'M LOVING that I made my first ever blueberry muffins from scratch!  Derek was responsible for bringing in breakfast one morning to his clinic class.  So, I thought I'd whip out my Williams-Sonoma Muffins cookbook and give it a go.  I only got to try a little snippet, but YUM!  Success?  It was!



Speaking of breakfast, I'M LOVING that I made Peach French Toast Bake by Ellie Krieger for breakfast this morning (ah, the beauty of Spring Break and sleeping in).  I swear by this woman and her recipes.  Let's see: she's a nutritionist (with a Master's Degree from Columbia University), she uses a ton of fresh ingredients, and all her meals are guilt-free and so tasty! 

  

 I'M LOVING that my big sis got accepted to her doctorate program!  Plus, she's doing it all while taking care of three kiddos (along with her hubby, of course).  But still, sheesh!  Makes me tired just thinking about it.  She's one smart chica and I look up to her very much.  We have nine years between us!

I'M LOVING that my nieces (my sister's girls) did FANTASTIC at their dance competition this weekend!  It took place in my hometown of Louisville, KY.  The girls are so talented and earned many well-deserved honors!  Go Maggie and Mollie!!!

I'M LOVING that my mom, sis, and sis-in-law will be here in two-and-a-half weeks!  I'm so glad we can actually offer them a place to stay this time.  In the words of the hubs: "It's gonna be a lot of estrogen!"  Hahaha!  He's a trooper for putting up with all of us women.  (In all fairness, he's happy to see them, too! :-)  I can't wait!  This picture is old, but it's the only one I could find of all four of us.


Finally, as always, I'M LOVING my wonderful hubby.  I'm so lucky to have this man in my life! 
And, of course, I can't leave out the baby.  She, too, makes life 100% better!  So sweet, so innocent and soooooo adorable.

 Have a happy Wednesday!

3 comments:

  1. Found your blog through the link up! You dog is sooooo stinkin' cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing along girl!

    You're loving so many great things :)

    Those muffins and French toast look so yummy!

    Enjoy the rest of your break :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your spring break and Happy almost birthday to your baby! Homie got a birthday treat for his birthday too. We spoil him! :)

    ReplyDelete