Monday, September 5, 2011

28 {Is Great}!

Today {or technically yesterday, since it's after midnight}, I celebrated my 28th birthday!  

Derek went to great lengths to assure my day {actually the whole weekend} was extra special:

First, he made me Belgian waffles for breakfast.  This was a HUGE deal.  The man is so highly intimidated by a simple measuring cup that I never thought I would see the day where he became acquainted with flour and baking powder.  He did an EXCELLENT job -- and I sure hope it boosted his confidence in the kitchen. ;-)


Next, he provided a little pampering by sending me to get a birthday manicure!  I've wanted to try navy blue polish for a while now, so I gave it a shot today.  I LOVE.



After a quick trip to the mall, he surprised me with a personalized birthday cake {my favorite dessert!} that has strawberry filling -- and tickets to go see Straight No Chaser at the Beacon Theatre in November!!!  I've mentioned this acapella group on my blog before; they are fantastic and I'm thrilled I get to see them live!





We ended the night with a lovely dinner at Bistro La Source, a French eatery.  We've had our eyes on this place for a while now, so tonight presented the perfect opportunity to finally try it.  YUM.  I ate every last bite of my rosemary-brined pork chop with spinach and summer squash.  Derek's skirt steak was equally delicious!  The atmosphere of the restaurant took me back to our Paris trip -- so quaint, so charming, so French.  I wanted all the accessories on the table!





I am so very thankful to have family and friends who made me feel so special on my special day!  My generous parents and parents-in-laws also gave me more than I could ever ask for/want/need!  How lucky am I?!  Never ever will I take this for granted!  And if I do, feel free to give me a good slap. :-)

I hope you all have had a wonderful, work-free Labor Day weekend!  I'll be back to blog, when I can.  Only two weeks in and school is consuming my life -- fortunately and unfortunately.  ;-)

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Liz!!
    i loooove the navy blue...i will have to give that a try!
    and as always...tootsie is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy {belated} birthday! Sounds like you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday! It sounds like your birthday weekend was fabulous! How sweet your hubby made Belgian waffles - and your cake is so pretty! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you enjoyed your special day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! I felt like I said that on your actual birthday, but I didn't, I was just around your parents and Ted, so it felt like I did. I'm glad Derek made it so special.

    ReplyDelete