Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Oh Dear ...

As I rifled through a pile of papers during Spring Break, I came across a really random picture.  Immediately, I took a step back in time to 2001 or so -- in the midst of my crazy-obsessed boy band phase.

This picture didn't have too much to do with a boy band per se.  It did, however, feature Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson, and moi sandwiched in between them.  I'm fairly certain I was in celebrity heaven here.


I laughed, of course, then realized several things that I may or may not be embarrassed to admit:

{1}
I may have been really slightly bummed when Nick and Jessica split.  {No more episodes of Newlyweds?  Shoot.}

{2}
Newspaper print pants?  I suppose I thought they were stylish at the time?   By the way, this pic is from 2004, when my crazy-obsessions had gone away, for the most part. ;-)  I was an intern at a local radio station that hosted a "Birthday Bash" every year where popular singers came to perform.  Nick and Jess made an appearance this year. 

{3}
Derek took this picture, which means he actually went with me to this concert {and still hears about it from some of his friends ... haha}.  Major brownie points for this man.  We were engaged at the time, so I guess he felt he had to go.  ;-)

Oh dear ... it's funny to think back to times like these!

3 comments: