Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My First Blog Award!

This bloggie world has just been overwhelmingly nice, and Elizabeth from The Life of David, Elizabeth & Peyton is yet another example of why!

My friend of the same name gave me my very first blog award!  How exciting! She is too sweet!!!  Do yourself a favor and go check out her blog.  Her little fur-child is way more than just cute!

This award says I'm supposed to list seven random facts about me.  I'm sure I'll think of better stuff as soon as I hit publish, but anywho, here goes:


{1}
In May of 1999, Nick Lachey pulled me up onstage at a 98 Degrees concert and danced with me.  Jeff then got down on one knee and sang me a song.  Then ... do you know what I did??  My mind was in such a state of shock (remember ... I was a crazy fan) that when he got up I thought it was a good idea to pop a smooch on his cheek!  Oh my heavens ... he probably thought I was so weird.  But, he did have a lipstick mark on his cheek for the rest of the concert. ;-)  At the time, I called it "the highlight of my life."  Well, needless to say, the "highlight of my life" actually took place on May 28, 2005. :-)

{2}
My fingers are "double-jointed" and I can do some crazy moves with them.  In fact, I have to try REALLY hard to make my ring fingers straight.  They hyperextend just naturally. 

{3}
I was a gymnast for five years and a cheerleader for seven.  I still walk on my hands occasionally. ;-)

{4}
I used to want to be the next Katie Couric.  Well, obviously my aspirations changed.  I got the New York City part of it, but instead of Katie Couric, I just want to be a darn good dentist.  :-)

{5}
Unlike the rest of the planet, I have never seen Star Wars or Pretty Woman.  Apparently, I'm missing out?  Guess I'll have to put it on my summer to-do list.

{6}
I was the commencement speaker for my high school graduation.

{7}
My parent's house (the house where I grew up) is a red schoolhouse from the 1800s.  You can still ring the bell on the roof and, if you were to peel off the wallpaper, you would still see chalkboards on the walls.  I could go on forever about all its charm.  I LOVE that house and I always look forward to going home!

I'm thrilled to be able to pass this award to ...

Pink Julep at Pink Julep Abroad

Thanks again, Elizabeth!!

4 comments:

  1. ha I have never seen star wars either...and only parts of pretty woman! Thanks for the shout out!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fingers are double jointed too and I have never seen Star Wars either...boring! :)

    Thanks for the award!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the award girl!

    I've never seen Star Wars either! Pretty Woman is good though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So obviously I'm SUPER slow!!! Thanks so much for the award :) I've already thanked you, like a thousand times in my head, it just took a really hard time to actually tell you "thank you!" :) I hope you guys are doing well!!!!

    ReplyDelete