Wednesday, November 10, 2010

What I'm Loving Wednesday!

This is my FIRST "What I'm Loving Wednesday!"  I think I'm going to enjoy these posts, since they are just so positive!  Fortunately, I have lots to love today.  So, here goes ...


I'm loving ... that the apartment smells like Fresh Balsam, thanks to Bath & Body Works' Wallflowers.  Christmas smells make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!  :-)
Photo courtesy of http://www.amazon.com/

I'm loving ... that my husband, Tootsie and I will be taking another stroll through Central Park this weekend.  As you can imagine, this time of year it is simply stunning!  Here are few shots from autumns past ...





I'm loving ... that we recently booked our flights to see our families over the holidays.  Living so far away, we rarely get to spend quality time with them.  So, it's always a treat to see them, even if it is only for a few days.  Plus, I have two new nieces I have yet to meet!  Pictures sometimes just aren't enough.  I can't wait to cuddle them!

I'm loving ... that I have less than a month until this semester is OVER! Zip, zilch, nada studying will be done by me over the break ... hehe.  I'm also loving that my husband's semester will be coming to close fairly soon, too.

I'm loving ... these beautiful and cheap(!) sconces I hung today.  They flank a Paris picture we purchased from Ikea.  I feel like they complement the architecture in the picture perfectly!  The sconces came from Etsy (I am in love with that website).  Check out the shop Oh Shabby Day.  Her items are lovely and so well-priced (a definite must for this student).



I'm loving ... that I believe I just scored the best clothing deal of my life.  I found a pair of skinny jeans at Ann Taylor Loft for $6.50 (originally $60.00)!  So, I bought two pair.  Seriously, y'all -- it was unbelievable!  What's even better ... the price tag said $9.88, but when I took them up to the cashier I discovered I got an EXTRA 30% off.  Now, that's what I call a steal of a deal.  These kind of purchases make me want to do a little jig.

Photo courtesy of http://www.anntaylorloft.com/
I'm loving ... our new apartment.  I really am.  I feel much more relaxed here.  One of the biggest perks?  The gorgeous sunsets over Manhattan.  I'll never get sick of it.  Unfortunately, a picture wouldn't do it justice.  I feel so lucky this particular apartment just happened to be available when we were searching for a new place to live.  If I ever sound like I'm taking it for granted, feel free to give me a cyber slap in the face.  ;-)  Sometime here in the future, I'll give you a photo tour.

I'm loving ... that another New York City Christmas is just around the corner!  The Rockettes, Rockefeller tree, Macy's ... oh my!  It's so magical -- and something, I feel, everyone should experience.  In fact, I can't wait for my family to come up here at some point so we can live it together.  Here are some photos from previous years ...





I'm loving ... that I finally started this blog!  Now, I just need some followers.  I would love to know if you're reading. ;-)

As always, I'm absolutely, 100% loving ... my husband, my puppy and my family.  They are my life. 





Happy Wednesday everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Wednesday to you. I am happy also because all my children will be here over the christmas Holidays

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a positive post! I need to do this every once and a while. Thanks for starting my day off on such a positive note!

    You are making me want to experience the New York Christmas. Maybe next year....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have caught up with your blog, honey. Enjoy it very much. Just read Ted's, too. He got a great report on his check-up. Be sure to read it. So proud of all my children.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for playing along!

    How lucky are y'all to live so close to such beautiful NYC sights!

    ReplyDelete