Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Excuse Me?!

So, usually I workout with my gym-partner-in-crime {a.k.a. my hubs}, but tonight I went solo and the following scenario took place:

I'm in the free weight area.
I casually walk over to pick up a 35 lb. weight so I can begin my warm-up set of bicep curls.

Some dude walks over at the same time and motions for me to go ahead and get the weight bar I was going to use.

Me {politely asking}:
Which weight do you need?

Dude {rudely snickering}:
Oh ... ha ... I'm getting the 55.

Me {thinking in my head}: 
What?  You don't think I can lift as much as you, huh?  Excuse me?!  Rude.  And unnecessary.

Annoyed, I do my warm-up set.  Dude does his set {with bad form, I might add} and puts back the 55 lb. weight bar.

What do I do next? 
Walk over, pick up the 55 lb. weight bar and proceed to do my bicep curls ... the correct way.

In your face, sir.

Don't question this girl's biceps or else they'll show you what's up.  Just sayin' ... ;-)

2 comments:

  1. bahaha I have zero upperbody strength, so I am super impressed!! :)

    ReplyDelete